Jim L. wrote...

ps, Thanks for the Laura Nyro thread.  I bought her "Smile" yesterday, my
first.   (used LP, perfect shape, 8 US dollars.  Gotta love it.)  The record
store in Louisville had zero Dolly Parton (though tons of "Alabama"), no Bobby
Dylan (though plenty of picture sleeves of the Rolling Stones) and zero Joni
Mitchell (though multiple copies of Doobie Brothers.)

Jim, do you live in Louisville? Well, me too!
Which record store did you hit? Surely not "Ear X-tacy"...
I'm so glad to hear you bought your first Laura Nyro! I would have
recommended one from her classic trilogy (i.e., "Eli & 13th...," "NYT'berry,"
or "Xmas & Beads..."), but "Smile" will do just fine.

Cheers,
Billy