Kakki,

Interesting-
I was in art school in the early 70s. The formal classes were
taught...formally, and I felt I learned a lot. But once I got into the higher
studio painting classes, we were left to our own devices. We could paint
whatever we wanted. BUT, at the critiques- that's where we learned about the
specifics. Not only classical things like composition, color, etc., but we
had to defend/explain the reason for our paintings- what problems we were
trying to figure out. WHY we were painting that particular piece and how it
related to the previous pieces...and what we might do in our next.

Great experience.

Terry

In a message dated 11/20/2001 4:57:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,