Geffen released quite a few of their midline back
catalog at lower than usual prices a few years ago.
The wonderful ' Born to Laugh at Tornadoes' by Was
(Not Was) (possibly the funniest rock record ever
made) and the even more wonderful 'The Big Express' by
XTC were part of this price structure as well.
The XTC back catalog have all been remastered and
rerelesed, (and The Big Express is one of the most
improved) so there's hope for the Joni as well.

And as long as were on the subject, DED is my FAVORITE
of the '80's Joni cd's. If I had to pick one as
(almost) unlistenable, it would be Chalk Mark ...

Tyler

RE:
Well, there are two schools of thought, I suppose...if
you look at  Amazon.com, basically Joni's entire
catalogue is priced from $12 to $15
EXCEPT for DED which is priced at $6.97. That's $7 for
a brand-new, unsealed CD. Whether we like it or not,
it's obviously a turkey in terms of sales.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1