The Beatles changed the world, and George Harrison changed the
Beatles.  He introduced them to the music of Bob Dylan, and kept
playing Dylan's first LP until they got it.  (Dylan, in turn, gave the
Beatles their first taste of marijuana, which brought new dimension
to their music).  George brought Indian music to the attention of
the Beatles, spreading it's popularity worldwide.  He got them into
meditation, brought them to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's ashram in
India for an extended stay, where most of the white album was
written.  George and John were the first Beatles to take LSD,
unknowingly dosed by a friend.  They brought the psychedelic
experience into the musical mix.  George's guitar playing is very
often underrated because he was able to keep his ego in check
and play exactly what was needed for a song, nothing less and
nothing more. The pre-chorus riff in "Help!" is a good example of
a really difficult passage. Eric Clapton has praised his guitarmanship,
pointing out that George invented and perfected a whole style
of slide playing. Carl Perkins sat in amazement, on the "Carl
Perkins and Friends" concert film as George played one of
Perkins songs, creating an echo effect with his playing, explaining
that, as a youth, he didn't know about echo chambers, so he
learned how to play it that way listening to the radio.
George's "Concert For Bangla Desh" , to aid starving famine
victims was the blueprint for Live Aid, Farm Aid, and subsequent
benifit concerts.
Frank Sinatra called "Something" the greatest love song of our
time.
George's Joni connection (and our local connection here in
Mendocino County) was his use of guitarist Robben Ford
(LA Express).
Recommended listening:
All Things Must Pass
George Harrison (1979)
Cloud Nine

Your Love Is Forever   (1979)

Sublime is the summertime, warm and lazy...
These are perfect days like Heaven's about here
But unlike summer came and went-
You love is forever,
I feel it and my heart knows
That we share it together.
Resigned to the wintertimes cold and dreary
Peering into fire flames, burning I know
That unlike winter came and went
You love is forever
I feel it and my heart knows
That we share it together
I feel it and my heart knows you're the one
The guiding light in all your love shines on
The only lover worth it all
Your love is forever.