Hi, all,

Mike in Barcelona said:
<<There's a big controversy here in Catalonia because
Warner Bros refuse to dub it into Catalan despite the Catalan Government's
offer to pay for it.>>

Huh?  Why on earth would the WB give a poop one way or the other, especially
since it would have (a) been a free deal for them and (b) it would have made
the movie accessible to more people.  Would the Spanish government have had
something to do with this? (I don't remember, Mike, whether you speicifed
whether it was the Spanish or Catalonian government [does such exist, say, as
a provincial entity?] that offered to pay for it.)  It just doesn't make
sense to me.  At least here in the U.S., one doesn't hear much about
Catalonian separatism, and I've heard *nothing* about any Catalonian
terrorism (as opposed to a certain *other* ethnic group that straddles the
French/Spanish borders).

Confused and curious,

as ever,

walt