Licensing, good.

Yoko kept John's "Revolution" alive.  I can imagine Joni's "River" as the
sountrack in a tv commercial for long distance service showing a phone call
from a rainy, dark phone booth.  A little goes a long way though and there's
no way she'll ever be overexposed [Not counting the FTR inner sleeve.
)   ]

I'm all for Joni keeping her music *within* the movie (to set a mood which
her songs certainly can do).  I'm a little ambivalent (of two minds, ya'll)
about putting stuff on the audio soundtracks, though.  If she's keeping her
stuff off the audio-only sountrack "albums" I can see a point.  I mean,
after hearing her tracks out of context on "hits" and "misses", it's
completely obvious that sometimes her songs don't work out of the original
settings.  If she doesn't want her track followed by Harry Connick on the CD
players of the world, that's okay by me and I think it's a smart artistic
choice.

Standing firmly by Joni, (surprising no one),

Lama