I received this from another list:  In Ian McDonald'sbook:Revolution In
The Head where he describes each Beatle song he saysthis about the End. "before
three two bar guitar solos in rotating sequence from McCartney,Harrison(sounding
remarkedly like Eric Clapton) and Lennon" Also in Mark Lewisohn's book
The Beatles Recording Sessions which is basedon the official Abbey Road
Studio Session Notes it lists only the Beatlesfor the sessions in which
this was recorded. In Harry Castleman and Walter J. Podrazik's book All
Together Now, theBeatles First Complete Discography no other musicians
are listed for thissong but are listed for other songs such as Clapton on
While My GuitarGently Weeps and Billy Preston on Get Back. Then from
Lennon himself in Jann Wenner's book Lennon Remembers when Wennersays
"you said that you can make the guitar speak, in which songs do youfeel
you"ve done that?" Then Lennon says "I Found Out. I think it's nice. It
drives along. I don'tknow, ask EricClapton, he thinks I can play" After a
few remarks abouttechnical guitarists Lennon says "There's a nice bit I
played on AbbeyRoad. Paul gave each of us a piece, a little break where
Paul plays, Georgeplays andI play. When you listen to it you know..." Wenner
asks " Which is that?" Lennon continues "There's one bit, one of those
where it stops, on CarryThat Weight and then suddenly it goes boom boom
boom on the drums and weall take turns to play. I'm the third one on it.
I have a definite style ofplaying, always had. But I was overshadowed.
They call George the invisiblesinger, I'm the invisible guitarist" ---
Johnson Victor--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] EarthLink: The #1 provider
of the Real Internet.