Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 07:48:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Yarbrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 100 Greatest Women of Music sjc

Polly Harvey is PJ Harvey, an immensely talented rock
singer-songwriter with at least three classic albums
to her credit already, and two other very good ones. I think Joni's
relatively high placement--and Laura Nyro's appearing at all--are
things to be very grateful for.
(end)

I agree, Michael--on both counts.
What an odd list? There were several names that stumped me. For example #44,
Sharleen Spiteri (from the band Texas, I've been informed) and #45, Cerys
Matthews (from Catatonia).
Sister Bliss, Roisin Murphy and even Toyah Wilcox are unknown to me as well.
I'm also surprised Exene Cervenka (well, not too surprised under the
circumstances) didn't make the list.
And you know I think Nyro should be in the top ten...:-)

Billy