So is Rose's Betsy (The childhood friend) and Bob's Betsy (Asher's wife) the same
woman? I'm asking cause i'm always confused when it comes to names in Joni's lyrics.

"Who cares what I meant? What does it mean to you?"  - Joni Mitchell (We all know this
line from the lyrics page in JMDL.com) - just don't work in this cases. I mean unless
you know someone who is Betsy or Carol, names are not a metaphore. I mean, there ARE
many names that have a meaning and/or represent a cultural meaning, an image, a myth,
a hero etc'...but most of the names in Joni's lyrics are people she knew and her
choice to include their names in her songs is very often strange and leaves me
wondering. In that sense, i think it's those names in her songs, that make the songs
something that belongs to her and her alone, don't you think?

Nuri

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com