As a new owner of "reading glasses", I guess I'm growing into the title
"curmudgeon".  Anyway, while it's nice to see Count Basie given his due,
isn't it disappointing that Grammy didn't recognize his lifetime achievement
till in 2001?

Brei quoted USA Today (Mc Paper) which said,
>>According to USA Today:
"Bandleader/pianist Count Basie, vocalists Perry Como and Rosemary
Clooney, soul singer Al Green and singer/songwriter Joni Mitchell will
be honored with the 2002 Lifetime Achievement Awards at the 44th annual
Grammy Awards, the Recording Academy will announce today.
Producer/phycisist Tom Dowd and deejay Alan Freed will receive the
Recording Academy's Trustees Awards.  The Grammys will air live from
Los Angeles Feb. 27 on CBS."

Lama, who used to be an angry, poor, young man and is now becoming an angry,
poor, old man.  This is progress?