Few weeks ago i saw a movie om TV. I don't know it's name, i missed the begining you
see, but Sybil Shepard was the star and the story was about 3 couples trying to solve
their love pains. Then, at the last 10 minutes, i thought i was dreaming. I'm talking
a MAJOR Joni tribute here. The last scene was when the couples find out that they
still love eachother and that they'll always stick together so they all go to a party
(Xmas party?) at a school where one couple's son is learining and the child and his
class perform The Circle Game on stage. I thought it'll take a minute and that the
scene will be fading out into the credits but to my surprise and thrill it was the
whole song, EVERYTHING, and it was called "The Circle Game Show", abd what a show it
was - The children were singing it and dancing and they were all wearing colourful
clothes with feathers and angle-like wings and crowns and there was a staging and
golden stars and beautiful lighting and it was sooooo lovely, Go!
sh, so very lovely. The camera was focusing on them and the grwonups, their parents,
were in the crowd, holding hands and crying.
This was the first time i've ever seen a Joni song in an film that wasn't a part of a
soundtrack but a complete scene.
I'll do my best to get some more information on this one, no doubt some of us already
know.

Nuri

--- "Sybil Skelton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Oh, I remember them using Circle Game on "thirtysomething", Joni's version
>no less.  That was the one thing that got me to watch the show. Up until
>that point I thought that was the whiniest thing I'd ever seen, but I
>figured if they liked Joni, I'd give them another chance.
>
>Sybil
>

>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: Joni Tributes
>>Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:04:56 EST
>>
>><<What other cool TV series with Joni have I missed?>>
>>
>>They previewed the orchestrated version of BSN on "Dawson's Creek"...I
>>don't think they ever featured her music on the show "thirtysomething",
>>which is a surprise as there would have been many good fits I'm sure...they
>>did play RLJ and Karla Bonoff on the show.
>>
>>Bob
>>
>>NP: The Penguins, "Jingle Jangle"

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com