I was piddling around today with some old digital adat tapes trying to
see what was on them and came across some songs I had recorded with an
old band back in 1995.  I'd completely forgotten about them and was
pretty amazed at how good they sounded.  At the time I was playing with a
"crazy" fiddle player named Mary and keyboardist Hal Month(who now plays
with and manages jam band "Ancient Harmony" from Alabama) and I was
playing bass and guitar. One of the songs is "The Lorax" written in
tribute to Dr. Suess and another is "Wild Women" a song inspired by an
ancient Greek myth about Dionysis and his female followers, the Maenads,
and a king who attempted to subdue and control them and is ultimately
killed and then buried by his very own mother.  I've been working on a
project that involves the song "Master of the Ring" and plan on releasing
a collection of songs as an EP of sorts through MP3.com , to coincide
with the film that will be released next week.  I don't know if it will
be ready exactly by them but I'm excited to find these old recordings and
plan on including them.  I remember thinking at the time that we had a
really awesome sound but couldn't build up a following at all no matter
how we tried.  There is a really good energy present in these recordings
though I'll probably redo the vocal tracks.  I'll keep you posted. Victor     ---
Johnson Victor--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] EarthLink: The #1 provider
of the Real Internet.