I have played in a few places that are known for this policy (I wish there
were more too) ...The Bluebird Cafe in Nashville (probably one of the first
to do so), Eddie's Attic near Atlanta, Coffee Gallery Backstage in
Pasadena...when I used to play in the round with Jim Messina he used to
remind the audience to not talk & would give the stnk eye to anyone who was
talking away when the songwriters were singing...

> I'm curious as to how the club enforces this policy. Is there a sign out
> front warning the audience not to talk and if so, is that sufficient to
> keep everyone quiet during the performance?

This blurb from LA Weekly is the first I heard of the no chattering policy!
I've never seen signs there in the past but it's like the crowd just knows
to be quiet so if anyone else makes a peep they will stick out like a sore
thumb!  Wonder if Joni could handle the policy? LOL