ok a couple of things I've been wanting to find time
to comment on:

My earliest childhood memories of music are of my mom
watching theTom Jones show on tv. Her  friend Linda
would come over and they would watch it together every
week. Linda would entertain my sister and I with
stories of women throwing their panties on stage at
Tom Jones concerts. I thought that was really dirty, I
must have been 4 or 5 at the time.
My mom also listened to Creedence Clearwater Revival,
Johnny Cash, and James Brown, so I had some decent
music at a young age.
Later  (age 5 or 6?) I discovered radio and my sister
and I would drive my mom nuts by constantly listening
to a AM station that played Tex-Mex Conjunto music. My
sister and I still love that music, my mom still hates
it!

Singing nuns-
The song Dominique was indeed credited to The Singing
Nun (I have the lp). I think there was a movie musical
made about her (pre lesbian suicide tragedy) life with
Debbie Reynolds playing the title role.
Sally Fields actually did a Flying Nun lp (I have that
one too). It's as bad as you'd think, and
unintentionally funny.
There was also a hit single in the mid '70's of the
Lord's Prayer put to music (with a poppy folk-rock
feel). I think a nun did that one too, but don't know
for sure. I remember hearing it on the radio when I
was a kid.
Oh, by the way, I haunt thrift stores and buy any
unusual or bad lp's that I find, which is why I have
those records.

The Singing Nun's sad story reminds me of the book
Lesbian Nuns: Breaking the Silence that came out in
the '80's. My cousin bought me a copy for Christmas so
I'd have to unwrap it in front of the family. Later I
read something by John Waters where he says that he
brings a copy of that book to read when flying so that
the person sitting next to him wiill leave him alone.

Tyler
reveling in a little end-of-semester free time
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com