Huh.  I never thought of "Court and Spark" as presenting a single theme,
although some of the tracks bleed together beautifully.  From my memory [and
of course it seems like many dim years ago....  :)    ] I recall that she
had "Twisted" in a can for a long while before finding a home for it,
sticking it on C&S, almost as a bonus track.  After all of those songs about
doubt, "Twisted" sometimes reads like a song about madness/humor rather than
about humor/madness.

Anyway, "Sgt. Pepper" is kinda (dare I say it?) not as "thematic" as people
think.  I mean, it has the sgt pepper theme on side one and a reprise on
side two so everyone said,

"Ooooh.  Lookie here.  It's a *message* album.  See, it's a theme because of
the bookend effect."

I challenge anyone to uncover a similar theme between "A Day In The Life"
and "Within You and Without You", for example.  Not that I doubt for a
moment, in my wildest dreams that "Sgt Pepper" is a desert island disc.

Both feet firmly planted in classic rock, thank you very much,

Lama

ps, npimh: that amazingly perfect outro that goes,

"Breakin' like the waves at Malibu.....
<shimmering wave effects>"

ppss, If you like the humorous lyric in "Twisted", check out Annie Ross'es
other masterpieces like "Farmer's Market".  When I think about my father
playing those tracks, ingraining them into my head, way before I heard "Both
Sides Now", well..... I feel like a chip off the old block, that's all.
Golly, Beav, music can be swell.