A career? How about writer, poet, musician...but you have to get it out of
your head, onto paper or tape, etc...can't worry about good or not cuz that
stops the process & is irrelevant anyway...i don't understand why you would
call the product of your imagination useless...what about the books you love
to read & the music you love to listen to...these things were once inside
someone's head...just like yours is...

Mary wrote >>My imagination during the day is active and I'm always thinking
of stuff to
write about - ideas constantly go through my head.  whether they are any
good
or not is another story.

I also constantly have poems and song lyrics and also often music going
through my mind too.  does anyone else experience this?  If anyone has any
strategies for using any of this stuff in a career, I'd love to hear it.  I
always treated it as a totally useless skill.  in fact, I've spent most of
my
life suppressing what goes on in my imagination rather than encouraging it,
because I couldn't see any way to use it productively.<<