Hi, all,

On a lighter note from my previous posting:  Itseems like it's hardly ever
clear here (San Francisco), but it was tonight as the sun set, and I saw
something I haven't see in years -- the crescent moon's outer edge (the
"dark" side) clearly visible, sorta bluish.  I seem to remember when I was a
kid and asked about this, someone told me it was called "Earthshine" because
it was due to light reflected back at the moon from here.

(1)  Has anyone else ever heard of this term?

(2)  Is that (reflected light) the real reason why the edge is more visible
on some nights than others, or is it because the sky was unusually clear
tonight?

Trying to get away from eathly matters, I guess,

walt