Hello there

Laurent Olszer's interesting post about concept albums has motivated me
to delurk for a while. First, I must say that I completely agree with
him about compilations: for the most part, they suck. Unless the artist
has only done singles, usually you don't really get the whole picture
like you would do with some of his/her best albums.

Now, what gives an album conceptual status? This is rather subjetive,
but here are some factors I'd consider:

- Unified theme. Of course, many albums deal with, say, lost love or
something, and they're not supposed to be conceptual. But it's an