the ministers have resigned en masse. the president wants to have carte
blanche to ''negotiate'' with the opposition -- meaning, the peronistas have
taken over the government.
the city and the country are still defying the state of siege by staying out
all night in the streets. it is a very confusing situation: under no
circumstances do i support the looting or the peron's fascists but i have
volunteered to keep the noise going in my block at least until sunrise. i
will always stand for freedom, and seizing people's savings and declaring a
state of siege are not conducive to freedom in my book.
so far power hasn't failed in my neighborhood. except for the noise and the
occasional gunshot, everything seems to be quite all right.
i'm going back to the my post. no editing tonight. revolutions take
precedence.
wally