To Birthday Fairy Wally and his diligent Deputy Jimmy and all the
others who sent birthday wishes.

Thank you so much. I really did appreciate them ... though I fear
that, having retreated so deeply into lurkdom of late, I don't really
deserve them. I did have a great day though and it was nice to receive
all those wishes from all over.

Considering all the troubles his country is experiencing at the
moment, that Wally can still find the time to remember the birthday of
a lurking Jmdler who most people on the list wouldnt know from Adam,
is clear comment on his generous nature. Thanks heaps Wally, I
sincerely hope things improve for you and Argentina over Christmas &
New Year. And, your birthday is imminent too  I hope it brings you
some peace and relaxation.

And, Deputy Jimmy, well what can I say to my ever generous, always
smiling friend from Fort Myers? I enjoy our private on-going email
conversation immensely, though I do tend to drag the chain a bit in
replying (hope you got the last one sent recently). Thanks heaps. I
hope your Christmas is a really good one and Santas generosity shines
upon you. Watch out for those 'gators though!! :-)

Indeed, while Im out of my lurkdom cave, I will take this opportunity
to wish all on the Jmdl a happy Christmas and a New Year full of
musical (and other) wonders. I might lurk and get behind in my reading
but I just love being here.

Cheers from the sunny (and getting hotter) land down under,
John (in Sydney).

PS. My best wishes, too, to Raffaele who shares my birthday. I hope
you also had a good one!

NP Neil Murray, "Cooling Winds".  (A great Australian
singer-songwriter who should be better known in the world at large.)