Yes ... I always thought that the Christmas season was a catalyst that
fueled Joni's melancholia in "Chinese Cafe".  I find myself at this point
now in life ("we look like our mother's did now when we were those kids
age").  I don't think Joni meant this literally but as a reference in time
as in "nothing lasts for long".

Heather