(Arrgh... JC or NJC? It concerns the whole list so, with my
flameproof trousers on...)

I think this is a somewhat dangerous plan - simply because a
list of several hundred working e-mail addresses is far too
valuable a prize for the e-mail spammers of this world.  I
reckon the chances of this list leaking out (via the web
site or some other way) are just too great.

Nuriel: I know what you mean about losing addresses, but you
can deal with this other ways: add people to your contact list
or address book, or keep a few months worth of list posts
in a separate folder and search that for the person you want.

(And I know my name isn't Les :)

--Chris