>Ain't motherhood grand?  I have to go out for a drive, on the pretext >that
>we need milk, in order to get some "me" time - and in order to >listen to
>*my* music.

This cracked me up.  A girlfriend of mine used to do this when her children
were small.  She was a stay at home mom of 3 kids under 5. I used to get
panicked phone calls from her husband trying to find her. It seems she would
go to the convenience store for milk or diapers, and be gone for 2 or 3
hours! When she was "hiding" at my house, I never let on to him - I figured
he needed quality time with those kids too :)

Sybil