> >>But I like RLj as much as Joni.  blasphemy.<<
>
> not blasphemy, i think they both reflect different parts of our
being...rlj
> being more emotional/ethereal & jm more emotional/cerebral

This is a great way of expressing it, Kate.  I was trying to think of the
right words.  I wanted to say Rickie's lyrics were more pure emotion but
that would seem to say that Joni's were less so.  This says it very well, I
think.

Joni almost always writes a very straightforward lyric.  Rickie's are often
more abstract and impressionistic.  This put me off at first.  Like Joni
with poetry, I thought I smelled a rat.  Now I'm beginning to like Rickie's
writing style more & more.  Rickie communicates impressions & feelings that
can take you to all kinds of places.  To me, Joni is much more specific and
to the point.

Mark E.