My latest project for the new year is to put together a kind of desert island
disc of Joni's piano tunes on CD for myself and any other JM piano fans, *and
I know you're out there ! *.  Now before I go any further, I thought I'd ask
list members if this has already been done. Has it? If so, I would love a
copy. If not, then let's do it! Perhaps there are also some unusual piano gems
out there in private collections. In the hope this concept wouldn't be *too*
piano overdrive, my list of favourites would surely include :

Rainy Night House
The Arrangement
For Free
Blue
My Old Man
The Last Time I saw Richard
River
Judgement of the Moon and Stars
Blonde in the Bleachers
See You Sometime
Banquet
Let the Wind Carry Me
Lesson in Survival
Down to You
Court & Spark
The Same Situation
Car on a Hill
Shades of Scarlet Conquering
Two Grey Rooms ( which, incidentally only ranks a paltry 73 in the JMDL song
poll ! )

Whew! Now there's a marathon line-up of about 78 minutes!  How much can we get
onto one CD ?
I'm sure you have noticed the recurring chords and rhythms in many of her
piano pieces, as if she was searching for some kind of musical / emotional
resolution in them. I wonder if she ever did? Or did she just get bored with
piano? or reach a dead end? Whatever, I too, wish she would get back to her
piano someday. Comments anyone?

Michaelo