On 5 Jan 2002, at 15:34, Catherine McKay wrote:

> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > << CD Now lists `Girls in the Valley` as a 2001 Joni
> > import CD. Does anyone
> > have
> >  any idea of what this is? >>
> >
> > It's just a re-arranging of the songs on LOTC. Check
> > out the tracklist.
> >
> What would be the point of this?  Is it considered a
> bootleg?  Is it a way of avoiding copyright
> infringement (if so, I still don't get it.)

Originally I thought this was a bootleg, but I've since found out that the
label it's released on, Poptones, is a Sony company in Japan.  And since Sony
administers Joni's publishing, maybe they were able to convince her and Warners
to allow them to license the master recordings and package it differently for
that market and for Europe.  Anything is possible, but it's highly unlikely
that a Sony associated company would pursue something like this without having
rights.

The cover is absolutely hideous.

Brenda

n.p.: Groove Armada - "Edge Hill" (One of the few albums lately to get my
attention simply from the title, "Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub.")