Paz wrote

>>Funny you would mention another one of my all time faves. Cien Aqos de
Soledad is amazing as well as the rest of Marquez' work. I also am a big fan
of Julio Cortazar who wrote a book called Hopscotch which can be read front to
back like any normal book or by following a key in the front of the book and
hopping around. Thanks for the memory<<

You may (possibly) remember then the passage in One Hundred Years of Solitude
(OHYOS) where GGM mentions 'the room in Paris where Rocamadour will die one
day'. Rocamadour, however, dies not in OHYOS but in Cortazar's
'Hopscotch/Rayuela'. Tricky bastards, these magic realists. I use the English
title of OHYOS in order to avoid getting into (excuse the phrase) Cien Anos
territory again. All the best,

mike in bcn

np touch me Doors