<< what about big yellow taxi. it always struck me that this was intended to
be a fun throwaway  >>

Excellent points, Ron. And I agree with you. I think she pretty much composed
it on the spot with the simple Chuck Berry guitar lick, and like you say,
she's obviously having fun with it. And she knows it's a crowd pleaser.

Yesterday I was enjoying her 1993 Troubadours of Folk concert while making a
dub, and she introduces BYT as a "nursery rhyme"! Also, this arrangement is
markedly different than any other of BYT that I've heard.

Bob, who would also classify "Smokin' (Empty, Try Another) as a fun throwaway.