Nuriel wrote: I think that deep down inside their souls our mothers
wish they had Joni's freedom and lust.

Catherine wrote: I don't think my mother bothered to find out anything
about Joni

I think you are both correct or on the right track.  Mothers, more so
of that era, are jealous of the freedoms socially & sexually of their
children - especially their daughters. I think it breeds much of their
bitterness. I don't believe it was Joni's freedom or lust that Mothers
were envious of, because I don't think our Mothers (per Catherine) ever
bothered to to really explore Joni.

But this woman (Joni) was taking their daughters or their sons away
from them.  And they (the children) were beginning to discover their
own freedom and lust - sexuality.  Someone else was now that childs
idol, someone else was now up on that pedastel.  My mother did this
with every new thing I brought to her - and still does to this day.
She tears it down and dismisses it.  They forget that while they were
living their chosen life, there was a whole world going on without
them.

Okay now that I'm really into this analysis of Joni, Mothers and Me or
>From the Apron Strings to the Guitar Strings, please let me go on...
and on and on ... Susan it's medication time!  Bottom line I think our
mothers at least Catherine, Nuriel began to feel replaced and Joni was
just in their line of fire ... and Dolores hated her shrilling voice!

Peace
Susan
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/