Saw Rory Block at The Barns at Wolf Trap last night -- she was excellent!  I've seen
Rory's name here and there over the years but had never heard her voice (that I was
aware), let alone attend a performance.  If you dig the blues, go see her!!!  Tour
schedule here:  http://www.roryblock.com/andex.htm (tonight she'll play in NC).

Rory just released her 14th album, "I'm Every Woman," which features some Motown
covers (apparently quite a departure for her).  Mary and I bought the CD (and had it
autographed, of course), and listened to it on the drive home.  It's wonderful, esp.
Al Green's "Tired of Being Alone," and Ashford & Simpson's "Ain't Nothin' Like the
Real Thing" -- a duet with Keb' Mo'.

A new Rory fan here ... (can ya tell?)

Lori
in MD