Just finished a wonderful biography of Charles Mingus Myself when I Am Real.
Much more informative and entertaining than Charles' autobiography, Beneath
the Underdog.  Ends with the Joni work and Mingus' death.  Did any tapes of
the Electric Ladyland sessions that Joni did before retooling the sessions to
the album we know as Mingus ever surface?  Am now interested in listening to
Mingus' stuff.  Asked a jazz-knowledgeable person at a DC record shop.  He
recommended Mingus Ah Um and Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus.  Anybody
have any other suggestions?

Fauchja

NP Everest soundtrack (the music of G. Harrison)