PAUL MCCARTNEY TO SING AT THE SUPER BOWL
LEADING TRIBUTE TO EVERYDAY HEROES

PAUL McCARTNEY will perform at Super Bowl XXXVI
in New Orleans, LA on Sunday, Feb. 3, when he will
lead a tribute to the spirit of everyday heroes, the NFL
announced today.

Paul has accepted a request to give a unique
performance that will symbolize the theme of the game's
celebration of the heroism that has followed the events
of September 11th.

As the climax to the pre-game show and immediately
prior to the singing of the two traditional anthems
'America The Beautiful' and 'The Star-Spangled Banner',
Paul McCartney will perform a new anthem reflecting
the spirit of freedom.

"The Super Bowl will be a celebration of the human
spirit," said NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.
"We will salute those who have helped make us
stronger since September 11 and recognize those
who will make a difference in every community.
We are delighted that Paul McCartney has agreed
to lead this tribute to freedom and everyday heroes."

Paul McCartney's performance will involve 500
young people symbolically representing the 180
countries that will telecast the Super Bowl from the
Louisiana Superdome. The game - typically the
most-watched US television event of the year - will
be seen on FOX by 130 million viewers in America,
and to 800 million viewers worldwide.  The pregame
show, "FREEDOM" will be televised its entirety, a
first in Super Bowl history.

Said Paul McCartney: "As a sports fan, I am thrilled to
have the opportunity to be involved in the Super Bowl,
and as a musician, I am honored to add my voice to the
message of tribute that this year's Super Bowl will carry."