Hi Walt,

NAMM is the National Assoc. of Music Merchandisers annual 3 day convention
which is held in SoCal in January each year.  It is really a fantastic
experience to go to it.  It's usually impossible to get passes to it unless
you are a member (have a music-related business, are an artist, etc.) but
oour Mr. Paz manages to get a few passes for some of us each year.  Many of
the manufacturers (like Taylor Guitar) have rooms set up with incredible
musicians playing during the day.  Kate Bennett played at Taylor last year
and may again this year.  All over the convention center you can see famous
musicians milling about trying out guitars and stuff.  It's like the
Disneyland of the music world.  At night there are many incredible private
parties with all the top artists playing.  Paz has also finagled us into a
few of those ;-)
It's becoming a yearly event for some of the West Coast jmdlers to get
together for NAMM weekend.  Maybe you can join us next year!

Kakki