<<i really dont see it as worthy of inclusion in what is otherwise a superb album!!
what do others think??>>

Yep, I agree 100% Ron...when I bought the album and put it on cassette tape, I taped
about a minute and a half of The Tenth World and then faded it out. To this day it
still is monotonous and holds no interest for me. Luckily thanks to the technology
when it comes on I can simply click on "next track" and be done with it.

Why it's there, and why it lasts for 6:45? Well, I think Joni's telling a narrative
with DJRD, and Tenth World is a transition from Otis & Marlena, which closes with a
Third World dream of kinds, and then segues to Dreamland. But it's much too long a
segue to hold interest, there's just not enough variety in spite of the backing
vocals, which try to build up some momentum to the percussion.

Part of me thinks she was just trying to throw some royalty pennies to Don Alias, who
gets a writer credit here and who was her man du'jour at the time.

Bob