--- William Waddell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>When
> it was first released as a double album, it seemed a
> rip-off what with a
> maximum of three songs a side. Little did I know
> almost a quarter of a
> century later I'd be cherishing the original vinyl
> coz it just breathes at
> me, unlike most of the techno enhanced offerings of
> today.

This was one I didn't get way back when it came out -
I don't remember why not. I only just got it a year or
two ago.  It is by far my favourite Joni album.  A lot
of people say it's flawed, but I'll take the flaws,
thank you very much.  i think Joni's singing voice is
superb in this one.

>Oddly enough I've
> just read Walt's post about the guitar on TTT and
> yes. It has always had
> something I couldn't quite explain. It lacks a
> clarity.

I don't care much for it either.  It doesn't have the
resonance you'd get from acoustic, or something like
that.  There's something missing, but I don't know
what it is.  There's a hollow, muffled kind of sound.
Maybe it needed a bit more salt, or some cinnamon or
something.

>Is there any
> musical/sound advantage for Joni using this
> instrument in the studio? Surely
> she has time to retune between takes - ha!
> WtS

Yeah, really, what's up with that?  Surely she could
get one of the minions to tune for her? Maybe it was
her new toy and she was trying it out?  I'd like to
hear some of those songs done on acoustic - I wonder
whether that'll happen?

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca