Kakki:

>My turn to say oops, too!  The performance I was thinking of was the '72.
>I've never checked out the appearances page before and learned some new
>details. Amazing she did a 12-day stint in '68.

That may have been her heyday, before she was corrupted by The Man/Success.

Anyway, judging from Second Fret Sets and other documents of that period,
she really had it together in the coffee houses.

>I'll have to read the story
>from B. Mitchell Reed in the Crosby bio again - think he may have had fuzzy
>details.

The BeeMeR! I remember him from the golden days of underground FM, his deep
bass voice bringing us into his confidence and lending importance to
anything he told us. As for his fuzzy details ... hey, it was the 1960s. Be
amazed we who survived it even can spell our names.

>I do recall him saying she had become such a phenomenon (due to
>his playing cuts off STAS before it was released) that she was sold out in
>advance and played the second stint.

The audience at the Troub gig I saw was absolutely in love with her (me too).

>I don't think recordings from the '68
>or '69 Troubadour shows have surfaced here (although some lucky and diligent
>traders may have these and I'd bet Mr. Dulson attended a few of the shows!).

Lucky and diligent traders! Email me privately!

Gil