<<Well, on that live version of Night Ride Home, she stops
her singing (but still playing the guitar) and says "Sorry about that" >>

She does a similar thing on "Last Chance Lost" in the Troubadours of Folk show in '93.
And probably my fave is the one version of "A Melody In Your Name" I have, where she
goes REALLY low, I mean in the basement, and then stops to retune (calling the string
a little devil), and you hear that string s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g and you know it's going
to pop, and it does. And Joni laughs the cutest little laugh...

Thankfully she gets a new string, completes the tuning and plays the song. Sadly, it's
cut and all we get is an edit, but hey, it's better than nuttin'! Maybe when we get a
proper Joni Box Set I can hear it in its entirety.

Bob

NP: Mike Flowers Pops, "Light My Fire"