my dear guzzy mentioned shelley winters, and i must confess that i have
always been obsessed with the winter woman. was she in all those b movies
because she was a visionary or simply because she was considered lousy?
watching shelley winters movies became a top priority in my life in early
childhood. you'd be surprised. she was in an italian movie directed by mauro
bolognini called ''gran bollito'' [roughly, the great boil or the great
stew] in which winters kills and bakes her friends into cookies. the movie
is so good! it had several titles in english: the devil's cook, the black
journal. PLEASE rent it if you find it anywhere [mrs. hudson on hudson and
west 11th in manhattan has it].
wally