Susan wrote:

>Although I was but a babe ...ahem ...  remember this movie from 1968 -
>that I think would play much like "Reefer Madness" today. Anyone
>remember "Wild in the Streets?"
>It was done a bit tongue in cheek  - I think.  It was about not
>trusting anyone over thirty and lowering the voting age to 14 and
>putting everyone over 30 into camps where they are force fed LSD.
>Shelley Winters is in this - need I say more?

Written by Robert Thom. (The script to the sequel may someday be published.
It was slated to appear in Harlan Ellison's THE LAST DANGEROUS VISIONS, but
that will probably never leave Ellison's office, in his lifetime.)

About this time (1966/67) Bill Nolan and George Clayton Johnson published
LOGAN'S RUN, where anyone who's 21 is euthanized. (Changed to 30 in the movie.)

It was the extrapolation of a popular attitude: "Never trust anyone over
thirty." At the time it made a lot of sense: The Man can never understand us!

Peace and love,
Gil