On 14 Feb 2002 at 8:16, Bree Mcdonough wrote:

  Why my sister allows them to listen to this garbage
> is beyond me!!??  The boys know when they come to my house and when they
> want to listen to something on my equipment,rap is forbidden.

I think it's too bad that you exclude all rap, instead of rap with misogynistic lyrics.

To most people who know and love this music, the violent, misogynistic stuff is passe
and lacking intelligence.

I know I can't change your mind with one email, but my point is that all rap (I would
venture to say that not even most of what's available, particularly outside of the
major
label channels) fits this bill.  It's not all socially critical either.  Some of it is
just plain
fun, party music.  And some of it is better for a young girl's self esteem than "...
Baby,
One More Time."

If you're ever willing to be open and listen to some things let me know.  Hell, you
might
even like it!  And you would be cool to them again if you were pumping the latest
Blackalicious, De La Soul or Bahamadia cut the next time they came over!  ; )

Brenda
n.p.: Spirit Nation - "All My Relations"