I have way too much time on my hands, he writes grudgingly and somewhat sadly,
and though I try to keep busy I am not always successfull in doing so, at
least in regard to those things that one would consider fruitful.  Have spent
time lately in going over all of the lyrics in the lyric database, thank you
les, and have found much to appreciate, that I was not aware of.  I have a
friend here that says she thinks Joni had lost her voice by the early 80's and
everything she did after that point was crap.  I initally did not disagree
with her but after looking at these lyrics I now have to do so.  She also
stated that she thought Joni had completely lost her voice by that point but I
was skeptical of that assertion since many of you have said her voice remains
fine.  The main reason for this post is Chalkmark.  I have always hated to
listen to it and could rarely understand a thing joni sang due to the awful
and overbearing music.  The lyrics are quite good and I can hear Joni do some
fine singing here, if only they had done it differently.  Did she plan this?
Was she trying to do something different?  I see that she and Larry Klein
produced.  I will blame it on him but would love to hear this album redone
without all the extra noise that drowns her out.

mack