William wrote:

> Dunno if you have this documented Mr Murphy Cop, Joni is refered to in an
> episode of Absolutely Fabulous. Maybe that should be "reefered" to,
> considering the nature of the story line. I posted the sighting several
> months back. Which particular show escapes me the noo, but Patsy and/or
> Edina convolutedly mentions The Hissing of Summer Lawns. I'll look into
it.

Ooooh!  Two of my favourite subjects in one message!

This episode was the second-to-last of the third series.  Eddie and Patsy
are getting stoned in the bathroom, when Saffie walks in (she's left home to
stay at the University hostel).  Patsy needs a waz and is told to use the
upstairs bathroom, so she leaves the room:

Eddie: Darling, why don't you come home?

Saffron: What's the problem?  I have my life, you have yours.  This is what
you wanted.

Eddie: Because I feel orphaned, you know?

Saffron: What's the matter, has the deal fallen through?

Eddie: Not the deal, not the deal.....it's just......

Saffron: What?!

Eddie: Well darling, you just sort of... you've just sort of abandoned me in
this sort of wilderness of potential greatness and fabulousness, haven't
you, darling?  You know, and all my walls have gone flop, flop, flop, flop.
And now I'm just kind of like this kind of prisoner, this released prisoner,
darling, walking out into the squinting sun

Patsy re-enters, and says:  And the Hissing of Summer Lawns.....

Eddie:  You cast me adrift with no oars, sweetie.

Saffron:  You've got oars.

Eddie:  I haven't!!!

Saffron: You have!!!  You're just too lazy and fat to use them!

God, I love this show!  Someone ask me another question!  Please?!

Hell
"To have great poets, there must be
great audiences too." - Walt Whitman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hell's Personal Photo Page:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hell/main/personal.htm

Visit the NBLs (Natural Born Losers) at:
http://www.nbls.co.nz