In a message dated 3/1/2002 9:02:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> It would be interesting to look back and see who won what in 1969, and also
> what other great records came out then

Got my curiosity stirring Bob, so I checked the '69 grammy winners

RECORD OF THE YEAR  1969: "Mrs. Robinson" - Simon & Garfunkel

ALBUM OF THE YEAR   1969: By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Glen Campbell

SONG OF THE YEAR (songwriter's  1969: "Little Green Apples" (Bobby Russell)

BEST NEW ARTIST 1969: Jose Feliciano

BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE  1969: "Light My Fire" - Jose Feliciano

BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE  1969: "Do You Know The Way To San Jose" - Dionne
Warwick

BEST POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS    1969: "Mrs.
Robinson" - Simon & Garfunkel

BEST R&B SONG   1969: "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay" (Otis Redding &
Steve Cropper)

BEST R&B VOCAL PERFORMANCE, MALE    1969: "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay"
- Otis Redding

BEST R&B VOCAL PERFORMANCE, FEMALE  1969: "Chain Of Fools" - Aretha Franklin

They did have a country category, but oddly the website I checked out didn't
show a rock category until 1980.

Oh the memories :~)

Jimmy