> From: "Blair Fraipont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Grace Slick NJC
>
>             Grace Slick. What was her deal?  I have seen the behind the
> music on VH1 and heard stories and she was a definite rock and roller, but
> why did she get so much attention.  I guess I just dont get her. I never
> cared for her style of singing and never thought she was a great
personality
> that resonated well with the passing of time. I am just curious about
> hearing other people's perspectives whether they be negative or positive.
>            Blair
> NP, "Across the Borderline" Ry Cooder

Everything else being equal, and not to take away from Mark E.'s analysis,
IMHO Grace Slick exhuded sex.
I don't mean she was a sex symbol.  I mean everything in her demeanor,
attitude and even her voice was highly sexual, sort of a queen bee if you
want.  In those times of free love, she personified it to me.
Listen to Triad about a "minage ` trois" with Crosby and Kantner and you'll
get the idea.

Laurent

PS: Love to see you're listening to RY, any trade???