>" Cool Water, Chalk Mark in a Rainstorm.
> > I like this song."
>
>      I think "Number One" and "Beat of Black Wings" are two of Joni's more
>brilliant songs. I don't like "Lakota" though  :~)
>Ciao, Dave.

         Actually, Chalk Mark was one of those albums at first that I sort
of Sulked at and put away for boring days, but sure enough,  I began to
enjoy the layered sound of it and I realized what was attractive to me about
the album, The Rhythm..   It has this "Tribal" rhythm.. I dont know if that
is a good descriptor, but you can sort of shake your hips to it in a way.
The combination of drums and bass and guitar and keyboards, especially on
"Lakota" and "Number One" serve this "tribal" feeling. I should proabably
listen to it more and do a better opinion piece on it. Overall, it is not a
favorite album, aside from Rhythm, not too cohesive, yet some of my favorite
songs are on there.
          Blair