Thanks Sue M and Kate B for your advice, encouragement and enthusiasm round
this open tuning business. Open D and G tunings are the only ones I've ever
had success with;
Big Yellow Taxi and You Turn Me On IAR
Cold Blue Steel, Nathan La Freneer and a dubious Sweet Bird.
To let you understand, I'm rubbish at guitar and desperately need tuition.
Ok Sue you have a mission. Can I ask a dumb question? Like no-one else I
know, I hear you say. Aye very funny. I must be missing a page somewhere in
my Joni tunings cyber book. Question - you have retuned to X77235, you strum
and it sounds very promising, but where do you put your fingers thereon in?
The chord shapes? Man I've been fingering up and down the fretwalk all
afternoon to no avail. Came up with a few interesting chord sequences mind
you but having retuned how do you know the chord shapes for the likes of
Passion Play et al? Like I say, maybe I've overlooked a tabs page. Best
regards.
WtS
NP - Elephants & Flowers, Prince