On Sunday night I had the distinct pleasure of attending the Blue Tapestry
concert in East Grinstead, U.K. For those who don't know, Blue Tapestry
is the name of a nationwide tour presently undertaken by the folk duo While
and Matthews, celebrating the music of Joni Mitchell and Carole King. I
think Paul Castle mentioned this on the list a few weeks ago. Thanks Paul.
Were you there?

See here for an explanation of the tour and band list.
http://www.mattwhile.fsnet.co.uk/Blue_Tapestryx.html

Sundays concert was held at the Chequer Mead Arts Centre, East Grinstead
(my home town) in the south of England. The music space is an auditorium
with stalls and circle. It's intimate without being being cramped; plenty
of leg room!  Sound wise it was marvellous, although with the high ceiling
I rather wished I had got a circle seat instead of the stalls, but nevermind.

Here's the playlist:

I Feel the Earth Move (Carole KIng)
Help Me
It's Too Late (CK)
Amelia
Beautiful (CK)
You Turn Me On (I'm a Radio)
Little Green
So Far Away (CK)
California
Carey
Free Man in Paris

Interval

In France They Kiss on Main Street
Home Again (CK)
Coyote
Will You Still Love me Tomorrow (CK)
Case of You
Raised on Robbery
Tapestry (CK)
Smackwater Jack (CK)
You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman (CK)
Where you Lead (CK)

Encore

Big Yellow Taxi
You've Got a Friend (CK)

If you have the time I urge you to go and see them. Trust me these guys
are a lot of fun, extemely accomplished and very true to Joni and Carole.
There are still plenty of dates left around the country and they have added
some more in The Netherlands.  See here for the updated tour schedule.
http://www.mattwhile.fsnet.co.uk/Tour_Datesx.html

Incidentally, the website states that there will be an album later in the
year. Let's hope so.

~Kevin