Just to update everyone, I did go see Kim Carnes last weekend and enjoyed it
very much.  It was an unplugged-type performance with guitars, mandolin,
electric piano, and simple percussion (no drums).  There were two other
songwriters singing with her.  I forgot the name of the guy, but the other
woman was Matraca Berg, who wrote "Strawberry Wine" and many other country
hits, most of them being recorded by other artists.  I think that most of the
crowd was there for her, and it was funny, because everyone went crazy when
Kim Carnes sang "Bette Davis Eyes" at the end, but nobody seemed to be
familiar with her other songs, which proves my point maybe that she has been
overlooked for the most part all these years.  Of cousrse, I wouldn't compare
her to Joni, but I love her voice, like her songs, and was thrilled to get to
speak to her personally when it was over, because I am a fan, for whatever
it's worth.