Warren Wrote:

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:01:00 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"hello joinitites !  I wanted to let walt know that the song " suzanne "
waswritten by leonard cohen.  Speaking of leonard, someone mentioned a photo
in an earlier post of joni and leonard at the newport folk festival in "67.
(the photo was by david gahr.) I have a small paper back book entitled,
"joni mitchell: her life, her loves, her music, "
by leonore fleischer , published in 1976. it is filled with wonderful photos
including the one mentioned in the post.  I received it from a friend the
year it was published and have always cherished it for the photos. It is in
a 7" x 10" format and was published by flash books,is anyone familiar with
it ?"

Warren, I happened to have found this book about ten years ago at an antique
shop on Lake Avenue in Rochester NY, right near lake Ontario.  I've never
seen it anywhere else, nor have I heard anyone ever mention it.

It was a find.

I love the picture of her on the cover.

I am compelled now to share a few of Joni's quotes from the book. . . for
those who haven't heard them . . .

and for those who find inspiration in hearing them again:

"the most important thing," said Joni Mitchell, "is to write in your own
blood. . ."

"Freedom to me is the luxury of being able to follow the path of the heart.
I think that's the only way that you maintain the magic in your life, that
you keep your child alive."

Freedom is necessary for me in order to create, and if I don't create, I
don't feel alive."

best to you, with love
Marianne