Just watching MAD TV, and a singer is on, named Shakira.  Can't quite figure
her out.

Okay, song's over.  Sorry, didn't catch the name of it.  Shakira, who is
lovely and looks to be 20-something, suffers a tad from the melismatic
flatulance of several recent discussions, but her singing style, and the
genre of music itself, was hard to classify.  It was more than bubblegum pop,
and the song she sang changed tempo several times.  At times she sounded a
bit CW, at others, girl-singer, at other times, kind of pop-rocky.  Even her
clothing seemed to be a mixed message -- leather halter top and (I swear)
what looked like an early k.d. lang cowgirl skirt, green material with lace.

I admit I'd not heard of this young woman before tonight, and she held up
playing herself in a silly skit -- so anyone know who she is?

Just curious,

Walt